Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sweet Savannah, how I love thee!

I took a week off from writing to go on a family vacation to Savannah, GA.  We had an amazing time.  However, like most writers, I was inspired by the beautiful scenery of the city.  This poem is special to me because it came to me at different times during my trip.  I jotted down a couple of things that stood out to me and this is what I ended up with.   I hope you like it.

Suddenly Savannah
By: Kristin Cox

As I watched the pretty pink crate myrtle pedals fall unto the uneven
cobblestone sidewalk, I knew that I was in Savannah.

For only in Savannah do you see the ancient trees covered
in moss creating a whimsical feeling in the day,
and spookiness at night.

The tide is high on Savannah Beach as the
 warm tan sand covers my weary feet.

The river front of Savannah is always a joy,
while listening to the sailors scream “ahoy!”

Savannah’s succulent seafood oozes authenticity.
It’s to die for!

Oh how I hate to see my vivacious vacation come to an end,
but don’t worry, I’ll see sweet Savannah again.

No comments:

Post a Comment